My friend can't eat gluten so this haystacks recipes isn't your typical Cream of Chicken gross thing with rice. I can honestly eat this anytime and love it.
Chicken Haystacks
Ingredients for sauce:1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 large can chicken breast, drained and chopped
Directions:
Combine brown sugar, water, vinegar and starch in small sauce pan. Heat over medium high heat until boiling. Stir constantly to avoid scorching. As mixture thickens, add soy sauce. Heat for 2-3 minutes. Add canned chicken and stir well. Heat thoroughly.
I'm guessing you all know how to make some rice to go with your sauce so I'm not adding that to this post, but just moving on with toppings.
Toppings:
I like to use tomato, green onion, pineapple, medium cheddar cheese and peanuts. Basically you can put whatever toppings on that you like, however, I've found those are my favorites. Side note- if you put your cheese ontop of the rice and chicken sauce, then it melts a little bit while you eat it.
Enjoy!
2 comments:
I was just barely whining about gross haystack gravy. So happy to have another option. :)
Although I don't get the concept of cooking food within 20 miles of Larson's...that part is a little confusing to me...I'm just sayin'...
I love reading your blog - it just makes me smile - so upbeat!
Post a Comment