8.5.11

My "go-to" muffin recipe

Some of you have tried this one because I've sent you the mix for one reason or another.  The rest of you need to try it.  My mom has been making this recipe for as long as I can remember.  I love it because you can make the entire batch and then leave it in your fridge for up to 6 weeks.  Being that there's just me, this is perfect because I can divide it up into smaller containers and make a few muffins each week.  Mars and I just had some for breakfast yesterday after we tried the trampoline-ing class LOL (that's a story for the other blog...)
Refrigerator Bran Muffins
Ingredients:
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
1 quart buttermilk
3 cups sugar
1 18oz package All Bran (NOT the flakes)
5 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
5 teaspoons baking soda
Directions:
Combine eggs, oil, buttermilk and sugar in large bowl.  Add All Bran and mix until wet.  Add flour, salt and soda.  Mix well again.  Make sure you get any flour lumps out of it.
Bake 18-20 minutes at 375 degrees.  It helps if you spray the muffin tin but not necessary.  Also- I have to mention again that stoneware will make the outside just crunchy enough that they're perfect.
OR
Store in tupperware containers in your fridge for up to 6 weeks.
I think they taste best if you make the mix the night before and let them set overnight.  They are also so so yummy hot out of the oven with butter and strawberry jam.

1 comment:

Patti said...

YUM! Where do you get Stonewear Muffin "tins"? Never heard of that!