27.4.11

Satisfy your sweet tooth :)

Here's something new that I've only tried once before at a conference but it was so good.  It is easy.  It is healthy.  It is soooo yummy!  Give it a shot :)
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
Ingredients
1 Fuji or Gala apple, chopped
6 large strawberries, chopped
1 large wedge of honeydew melon, chopped
1 8oz can of pineapple tidbits, drained (you can use real pineapple if you want)
2 tbsp apple jelly
2 tbsp sugar
2 teaspoons lime juice (although I just use about a tablespoon)
Whole wheat flour tortillas or pita bread
Cinnamon sugar (2 tbsp sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon)

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare apple, strawberries and honeydew.  Drain pineapple.  Toss all fruits together in a medium size bowl.  In a separate bowl, combine jelly, sugar and lime juice.  Whisk together briskly.  Pour over fruit mixture and toss.  Chill for 2 hours.
Using a pizza cutter, slice tortillas into eight wedges each.  Arrange on a baking sheet.  Spray the top lightly with cooking spray.  Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and spray again.  Bake in oven for 7-8 minutes, or until browned.  Allow to cool.
Serve with fruit salsa

1 comment:

Hi, I'm Aleisha! said...

Oh my gosh, I love you! I am in awe of you!