23.4.12

Rhubarb- Cucumber Salsa

Doesn't that sound delightful?!  I have no idea how its going to taste but it sounds intriguing.  This recipe came to me via the math teacher at my school.  She loves to cook and subscribes to most cooking magazines.  She made this salsa with some baked, seasoned chicken thighs for dinner last week and was raving about how good it was.  So she brought me her recipe and I thought I'd share.  It was taken from bonappetit.com (April 2012) , in case you are wondering.
Rhubarb- Cucumber Salsa
Ingredients: 
1 1/2 cups 1/4" cubes rhubarb
1 cup 1/4" cubes unpeeled seeded English cucumber
2 tbsp diced green stems of scallions
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vegetable oil (I will probably sub Olive oil when I make this)
1 tsp fresh lime juice
Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt

Directions:
In a medium bowl toss together rhubarb, cucumber, green stems of scallions and cilantro.  Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine honey, oil and lime juice.  Whisk together and pour over rhubarb mixture.  Season to taste with pepper and salt.  Chill for 20-30 minutes and allow flavors to meld.

DOESN'T THAT SOUND AMAZING?!

1 comment:

Rose said...

Um yeah! Yummo. To bad March Madness is over :(