1.4.12

Just one of the reasons I love PC!

You know I chatter on about stoneware all the time.  I love baking and cooking in it.  My favorite pieces are exclusively from Pampered Chef.  I have no association with them other than I buy their products.  I usually pinpoint a student at the beginning of the year who's mom sells for them and I will use her for a while.  Then move on.  Anyway- back to stoneware.

I've added a new piece to my collection.  I added it mostly out of curiosity, I'll admit.  It is for the microwave (stones in the microwave?!) and it cooks bacon.  SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.  My prayers for clean bacon cooking have been answered!  As I was making carbonara for my nephew today, I had to cook a pound so I thought I'd give it a go.

LOVED. IT.
The stone pan has ridges on the bottom so it keeps the bacon out of the grease.  I laid a paper towel over the top to avoid splatter and it was barely even necessary.  I cooked it for 2 1/2 minutes on each side, rotating pieces like you do for any microwave recipe. (keep in mind, my microwave is 1100 watts.  check your's before using the same time as me.)  And here's what it looked like.
PERFECTION!  I am not exaggerating when I say it was the easiest bacon clean up moment I've ever had. My only complaint is wishing the pan was round.  Microwaves tend to gather in corners so the best shape is a circle or ring when cooking in it.  Maybe I'll pass that along...

Let me know if you need a PC consultant!  I have a really great one at the moment!

1 comment:

Hi, I'm Aleisha! said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! Shut the front door, this is awesome!! I didn't know such a wondrous thing existed. Thanks for sharing, Aim!