I don't know about you, but I really don't like to cook in the summer. Its hot. Nothing sounds good. I just want liquids to drink and play in most of the time. So while its been awhile since I posted a really good recipe, I thought I'd give some suggestions of what I eat in the summer. They're easy and, for the most part, self explanatory.
1. Open faced grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches. You MUST use garden tomatoes or the taste is lost.
2. Sherbet and fruit. Yep, ice cream for dinner. My mom used to do this when we were young. Orange sherbet works best. Grapes, melons, berries. Its like dessert for dinner. So tasty on a hot evening.
3. In the rare event that I fire up the grill, I do grilled squash, pineapple and I even tried watermelon this year. Keep your grill at a low temp and watch it carefully. I also do turkey kabobs.
4. Salads! Lots of greens. Lots of tomatoes. Cukes. Croutons. Cheese. Turkey. Choose your favorite dressing.
5. BLTs. Enough said.
6. Corn on the cob, sauteed veggies and a cucumber soaked in vinegar water. Best dinner ever.
7. A bowl of berries and a piece of toast. Or a bowl of peaches. Or a plate of watermelon.
8. Good old peanut butter sandwich, but instead of jam, put on fresh berries like sliced strawberries or raspberries. *sigh*
9. Pasta salad. Choose your noodle. Choose your veggies. Choose your italian dressing. Choose your cheese. Done.
10. When all else fails, I eat cold cereal. Plain, old, unromantic cold cereal. Rather anti-climatic, I know.
What do you eat?
2 comments:
Oh I needed that! I am so bored of our usuals and it is too hot to cook! I've been using up those garden veggies in stir fry which is yummy but you're still cooking. So it's kind of an idea. ;)
Just made some homemade tomato soup from the tomatoes in my garden - yummo! I love the sherbet/berries idea!
Post a Comment